Friday, October 11, 2019

7 Steps To Winning The Narcissist's Invalidation Game




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmU8HYenwgA


"Be thou as a flame of fire to My enemies and a river of life eternal to My loved ones, and be not of those who doubt.

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 210)"

WHEN NARCISSIST WANTS TO FOIST THEIR OPINION ON TO YOU:

1. I'd like to understand what you're wanting me to know. (take yourself out of the adversarial position)

2. State your perspective CALMLY. DON'T SPEAK WITH DEMANDING DEFENSIVEV PERSUASIVE TONE OF VOICE

3. WHEN (not if) you receive inevitable pushback.  "I UNDERSAND, THAT'S YOUR PERSPECTIVE)"  Make no attempt to change their perspective & "see the light".

4. I'm comfortable with what I've already decided.

5.  When they give another plea.  "Nonetheless I'm holding firm to my decision"

6.  Follow through on my decisiveness. 

7.  MAKE NO FURTHER DEFENSE . . . 
   
   They want to draw you/ bait you / into their games so evade the I'm superior.  "i feel need to evade your game"
   
Avoid that Hard high anger.  Don't waste your emotional anger on someone whose going to shoot it down anyways.

Be confident you're a decent person.




No comments:

Post a Comment